Monday, May 8, 2017

Going Private Again

 
 
This post has been a long time coming.  It's a post that I've often thought of in the past few years. The contents of this post have long floated around in my head and I hope I can finally say what needs to be said with the genuine love that is in my heart while addressing the elephant in the room.  It is with much thought and prayer, and the advice of a few folks I greatly respect, that I have decided to once again make my blog private.
 
I've often said that this story of ours is God's story.  It's a story of how He has and is taking us, the ones this society and community tend to think are of little value and worth, and is using us to write His story of love and grace.  I've shared but a small portion of our story with the hopes that God would be glorified and honoured.  And I wish with all my heart that I could continue to do so.  Unfortunately, over the past few years too many events have occurred that have been anything but wonderful, good, and encouraging.  Unfortunately, there are those that take what I write, what I advocate for, and are using it to harm and destroy. Unfortunately we are being targeted because we advocate and fight for those that are most vulnerable. Oh the irony and sadness of that!  Who knew advocating for the vulnerable could result in so much misunderstanding, so much anger, so much judgement, and so many attempts to destroy.
 
Unfortunately, we no longer have the mental or emotional strength to continue to weather the onslaught.  We will heal, we will move on.  And one of the ways to do that is to do what we know how to do very well...cocoon.  To withdraw.  To surround ourselves with those that love us in spite of our short comings because they understand that love covers a multitude of sins.  These folks understand out hearts.  When we don't word things correctly, they understand our desire is to have more vulnerable kids and their families healed and healthy.  These folks not only walk along side us, but they don't hesitate to stand up for us should the need arise.
 
If you happen to be one of those people that loves us well, that understands our hearts, that prays for us...please contact me with your email address and I'd love to add you to my private blog. 
 
I've no idea how long I will keep this blog private...perhaps a few months, perhaps a few years, perhaps forever.  Whatever the case may be...I will forever advocate for and speak up for the vulnerable kids in our world.  I will continue to talk about how we as a body of Christ followers need to do more to help bring stability, healing, and love for the most vulnerable in society... and perhaps some day more will be done!
 
 


4 comments:

Lynnea said...

Marie~
I totally get this....we have just recently done the same thing. I would love to continue to follow your journey as you write as we have BTDT too.
My heart goes out to you and I know how it feels to be misunderstood and how mean people can be! Hugs to you as you "cocoon." You get nothing but support from me!
Blessings.
Lynnea
lynneahamy@comcast.net

Chantel said...

<3 I'm so sorry about this! I may be behind in blog reading but I definitely still want to be able to read your posts! chantelklassen@gmail.com

Jo's Corner said...

I'm sorry that you have to go private, but understand it. I would like to follow your blog posts. mkarenmoseley at aol. com

Sandy Lockhart said...

You are an amazing couple with huge hearts. .please add me lockhartpics@gmail.com