Saturday, May 9, 2015

Birth Mom's Day-2015

 
 
It's Birth Mom's Day today and once again I can't help but feel a mixture of tears welling up from the depths of my heart at the pain another woman feels because of her loss, and an incredible joy mixed with unbelief that I have this amazing privilege of parenting not one, but 3 treasures brought into this world by another woman.
 
This quote from Jody Landers resonates with me.
 
"A child born to another woman calls me mommy.  The MAGNITUDE of that tragedy and the DEPTH of that privilege are not lost on me."
 
 
Although my words of gratitude will never fully encompass my thoughts, feelings and emotions...I will try to express my thankfulness to the 3 woman (and all the other woman out there who chose life and adoption) who so sacrificially and graciously put their child's needs first.
 
I know you made the most heart wrenching choice. I know that you loved your child so much, that the place you choose to place your child was a place were your child would soon be given all the necessary attention.   I know you continue to grieve that loss.
 
May God in all His amazing omniscient and omnipresent power, let you know that your child is loved, well cared for, happy, thriving, and doing amazingly well.  May you also know that we speak of you with great honor.  That our kids miss you even though they are well adjusted and happy.  May you know that we pray that some day we will meet you, even if it's not on this side of heaven.  May you know that we look forward to seeing both your face, and the face of our child as you finally see each other again!
 
So today, my heart is heavy, tears flow as I write this...cause although I know you grieve...I can not even begin to imagine your pain.  But do know this...that I cry with you.  That I pray you will be filled with an amazing peace and joy in knowing that "all things work together for good to those that love God." 
 
The gift that you have given us is a gift where no "Thank You!" or monetary gift could ever express our gratitude.  So because this is all we can do, we say a great big, heartfelt...
Thank You!!!

No comments: