Thursday, April 23, 2015

All Because of a Little Gesture!

 
If you've visited here for any length of time, you've probably clued in that in the past few years I've struggled with depression.  A depression that has gotten worse as the weeks go by.  For someone who hardly ever got down for more than a day, this has been quite the adventure that I never wanted to experience!  It's an experience that I am learning to embrace.  It's an experience that is teaching me things that I didn't know I needed to learn.  Some of the things I've learned are things I knew in my head, and perhaps even in my heart to a point.  But all of it is taking on a new level of importance!
 
I awoke this morning in a grumpy mood!  I've been sick, and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I knew my day would be yet another day in trying to catch up on all the appointments that need to be booked, return phone calls, try to get rid of all the dust bunnies that have accumulated after 3+ weeks of little to no housekeeping happening, and the never ending loads of laundry...including washing all the bedding! 
 
I finally managed to roll out of bed and stumble downstairs...to find my sweet, sweet man building a fire in the woodstove, a smile on his face cause he knew the warmth of the woodstove on a cold and cloudy day would warm my heart!



 
 
You see...that's what I'm learning at a deeper level.  The importance of the little gestures that tell those around us that we love them!  I don't know what a gesture like that would do for you, but my hubby's sweet gesture inspired me!  It put a spring in my step and the energy began to flow!  Suddenly my day didn't seem so gloomy!  The laundry pile didn't seem quite so big!  And most importantly...I noticed that the love shown to me was being passed on to my kids!  I really want them to know how much I value them, and it's coming through loud and clear today in my words and actions!
 
So dear friends...let's keep this good thing going!  Let's pour ourselves into those around us!  Let's step out of our comfort zone and say something nice to someone, smile at a stranger, or do something sweet for someone...you never know the impact it will have on the entire world!!
 
May God richly bless your day!!!
 
 

No comments: