Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Discouraged?

 
 You ever have one of those days where you find it hard to not be discouraged? 

Today is one of those days for me.

The day started well enough.  A soft white snow was falling this morning, creating the perfect opportunity to enjoy a mocha and the warmth from the woodstove.  We started with school work, laundry and other mundane household tasks. The kids were all having a relatively good day.  I decided to start a craft while the kids played outside.  Sounds pretty ideal if you ask me!

And then came the anticipated phone call from the surgeons office.  I was expecting to book a day for a follow up surgery for Malia to sever the graft.  That's not what happened.

Instead of a surgery date, we now have an appointment (in 3 weeks) with the surgeon to see if the graft actually took. The surgeon is not confident at all that the graft will actually take! 

So hard not to sit down and cry! 

So I'm managing not to cry, but I'm so incredibly discouraged!  Sometimes it seems as though nothing works out for us!  I know that's a complete untruth, but when I'm down in this ugly space of discouragement, it's hard not to listen to that lie.

Instead of crying, I'm going to keep reminding myself of these verses...ALL day and week long if I have to!!

So for now I will make every effort to rejoice...in everything...health, soft white snow, mochas, content kids, but mostly God's faithfulness and unfailing love.
 
Romans 12:12 ESV    
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
 
 Philippians 4:4-6 ESV
    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.



I will pray without ceasing, not forgetting to be thankful!
 
            Colossians 4:2 ESV    
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
 
Psalm 55:22 ESV
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
 
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.


I will cling to HIS promises for He is with me!  He will never leave me!  He gives me strength!  He will make even this into something beautiful!  He will make a way!
 


Joshua 1:9 ESV    
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
 
 
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 ESV    
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed
 
 
Philippians 4:12-13 ESV    
I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
 
Romans 8:28 ESV    
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
 
 Psalm 34:17-19 ESV
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.  The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

And I am confident in this...that in the end I will still praise, glorify and honor HIM!

1 Peter 1: 6-9
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith-more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire-may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
 

PS:  Please keep in mind that we have not, nor do we have any intention of telling Malia this turn of events.  So please do not talk to her about it.  Thanks!


No comments: