Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Crafts

 
So we've been crafting up a storm!  It's so very good for my soul...to let things be and just have some fun creating some things.
 
My littlest 3 loved this very simple and inexpensive toilet paper roll heart project.  Simply shape the roll into a heart shape and tape to hold shape. We had a separate roll for each color.
 

 

 
 
This was a project where the littlest 3 helped, as most of it was for an adult as I wanted it to look neat and tidy. :)

 
I found inspiration from this post.  As you can see mine is quite different than the one posted.  I really didn't want to buy any more paper and managed to find coordinating colors in my stash.
 
 

This was a project just for me!  It was fun and super easy! 
 


You can find the tutorial here.
                                     https://www.pinterest.com/pin/563512972100302176/


I didn't use a tile.  Instead I used a canvas, covered it with paper, including the sides, using Mod Podge.  Then I stamped the "love" and applied another coat of Mod Podge.  Let dry between each coat and then attach buttons with a hot glue gun.
 
Morgun helped me with this project.  He did all the painting, crackle medium, and second coat.  I made my own rosettes, but wouldn't advise doing that if you don't have to.  They are a pain to make! (Not to mention the many hot glue gun burns I got!)  The benefit of making your own, is you have a greater selection for colors.  I used scrap booking stickers for the letters(again, I didn't want to buy more stuff and used what I had on hand).  The pink ribbon was something I had kicking around.  I think it originally came as the wrapping from a gift box. 
 

 
You can find the tutorial for the sign and rosettes here.
 
                                    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/563512972100302196/

 
We also crafted these cute little toilet paper roll fellows.  They were fun and cost almost nothing!  Once again I used paper I had on hand.





And lastly we made these hanging heart mobiles.  They were too difficult for my youngest 2 to do on their own, but with some help they were able to make some too!
 



And to top it all off...we decorated a bit with window clingy thingys (lol) and a small treat box for each of my special loves!
 

 

 
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!..even if you don't have a special someone to share it with!

 
"God loves each of us as if there were only one of us."

St. Augustine

No comments: