Thursday, January 1, 2015

Adios 2014!

 
It is with great pleasure that I say goodbye to 2014!  Unfortunately, it was the worst year of my life!  And that is saying a lot.  We've had some really tough years, especially the last 5, but this one tops them all!  It was a year filled with heartache, brokenness, pain, grief, uncertainty, challenges, health issues, and decisions I never thought I would have to make. 
 
Having said that, it was also the year where I have grown the most and gained confidence in areas I didn't even know I needed more confidence.  It was a year where I repeatedly jumped in God's arms for comfort, strength, peace, and reassurance.  It was a year where my faith grew in leaps and bounds.  It was a year where God once again proved that He is my strength.
 
 
 
It was a year that taught us to take joy in the little things. It taught us to treasure the little moments with our kids...everything from their constant singing and chattering, to the dry teenage jokes.  We jelled as a family and drew strength from one another and encouraged one another. It was a year that taught us to be more grateful.
 
Some of the highlights were...
 
A visit from Owen and Kiannah
Swimming in our pool
A long gorgeous fall
A peaceful start to our homeschooling year
Our relaxing and wonderful trip to PEI
And a wonderful Christmas!
 
Wishing you all a wonderful New Year!  God Bless!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I totally agree!!