Thursday, November 20, 2014

Morgun's 13th Birthday!

 
 We have another teenager in our house!  I've said it before, but time really does fly...at lightening speed! 
 
Thirteen years ago, after a fairly short and normal delivery, Morgun was born at around 11:30 am!  He weighed 6lbs 15oz.  The perfect little baby!  I held him for all of 10 seconds, when he took an odd gasp for breath and I kinda panicked as the nurses quickly whisked him away to clear his airway.  Little did I know that I wouldn't see him again until around supper time. 
 
What followed, put the fragility and briefness of life into clearer perspective.  I ended up hemorrhaging and was rushed into emergency surgery.  I spent hours shaking uncontrollably.  I was frozen to the bone.  I spent a few extra days in the hospital and was put on strict "you are not to do ANYTHING except care for your newborn", for 2 weeks.  Thankfully, Martin was able to take some time off work and some wonderful folks came to help us out.  I ended up swelling a lot, but oh the joy in finally being able to hold my sweet baby Morgun!!
 

 
 
Alex was extremely excited and impressed with his baby brother!  The look says it all!  :)
 

 
This is one of my all time favorite photos.  My parents admiring their newest grandson.



Proud papa!

 

Look at that grin!  This boy loved to smile and cuddle from day one, and still does!



Morgun had a few friends over and chose to have homemade burgers with lots of yummy toppings!



He picked an oreo cake which made me happy!  So easy to make!
 



The look on his face when he realized he still had one candle burning!  lol!  For those of you that may not know...each candle not blown out means that's how many girl friends he has...oh! oh!  lol!
 


Morgun is in grade 7 this year and enjoys being homeschooled!  His favourite subjects are Math, Science and Social Studies.  At this point he has no idea what he wants to do when he finishes grade 12, but it will be interesting to see where his love of Math and Science will take him!  He loves finishing his school work by noon and having all afternoon to do as he pleases. 
 
 He asked for a yoyo and a camera.  He got both.  He was completely happy with a gently used camera.  I am so incredibly grateful that my kids are happy with used items.  It blesses my heart!  Anyhow, he has been busy taking pictures, wishing he could always have his camera at his side.
 
Morgun is waiting to have a growth spurt and measures in at exactly 5 ft tall!
 
Morgun loves, loves babies!  He always manages to find the babies, and sits admiring them or better still...holding them.  Morgun often wishes we could adopt a baby.  Recently, while shopping, we walked through the baby section and he looked at me and said, "Seriously?!  You HAVE to take me through here?!  This isn't fair!!"  Gotta love that boys heart!
 



No comments: