Sunday, November 2, 2014

Alex's 15th Birthday!

 
Where has the time gone?!?  Fifteen years ago, on October 28th, we were blessed with our first child! I remember that day as though it was yesterday.  After giving the doctors a bit of a scare, Alex Zachary Martin arrived at 3:59pm, perfect and beautiful!  He turned our world upside down.  It's never been the same and for that I will be forever grateful!

I got a little carried away looking for one photo...haha!  How could I stop at one?  Look how adorable he was!  And still is!  (He'll hate me for saying that!...and yes, he does read my blog on occasion, so I'm pretty sure he'll see this!)


Ahh...these pictures take me right back to that time, and I clearly know how perfect this little boy made our family!






Here he is on his 15th birthday!  More handsome than ever!  But more importantly, he is a young man who desires to live his live for God.  He has grown in so many ways and I thank God for that, cause if I look at all the mistakes we made...well, let's just say, it's amazing that he is so wise and such a gentleman!

 
Alex asked for another Coffee Crisp Cake.  I love making this cake cause it's so stinkin easy...and it tastes great even if it looks a bit lopsided!  lol! We celebrated as a family, with Alex's choice for a meal...kielke and farmer sausage with cream gravy and corn. 
 
Alex is attending a local high school this year and is enjoying it.  Alex is anxiously waiting to take his learners.  He could have taken the coarse this fall, but due to missing a few weeks of school, he now has to wait till the new year.  (And I don't mind one bit!  lol!  So not ready to have my child on the road!  But then, are we ever ready?) Alex loves getting out of the house and spreading his wings.  I'm thrilled to know that he is making wise decisions and is conscientious of the impact his choices have on his life!
 
Alex loves anything electronic!  He loves researching...researching anything!  If we have a question about our phones, computers, etc, Alex is our "go to" guy.
 
Alex has surpassed me in height, reaching 5ft 8 1/2 inches.  He is becoming more and more muscular, thanks to his wonderful job at a local dairy farm.  Alex loves his job...at least when the cows don't step on his toes, swing their tails in his face, or cover him in crap!  He loves the extra money and is enjoying spending it wisely. 
 
My heart overflows with thankfulness that we get to call this young man our son!
 
Happy 15th Birthday Alex!  May the year ahead be the best one yet! 


2 comments:

Chantel said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Alex! You and Martin are doing a great job raising him (and the rest of your kids too).

Marie said...

Aw! Thanks for the encouraging words!