Sunday, September 14, 2014

PEI - Flying, L.M. Montgomery's Cavendish Home, Green Gable, and Ripley's Believe it or Not!

 
Ahhh!  What can I say other than we are enjoying our time on this peaceful, quiet island. It is the perfect place to relax and reconnect as a family.
 
As I've mentioned earlier, our summer was honestly the worst ever.  I won't go into detail about why, but it left us almost unable to think, let alone accomplish any work other than the basics.  I'm a thinker and as such need to be able to put all that happens in my life into a file in my head.  The events of this summer go into the rarely used file of "Absolutely Stupid Stuff That Makes No Sense". 
 
The stress of this summer has resulted in me getting a stomach ulcer.  The medication I have been taking is working to some degree, however, being here for a few days has done almost as much as 2 weeks of meds did.
 
This holiday began as a dream.  I began looking into accommodations and found some very reasonably priced cottages.  I honestly did not think we would come here.  After all, the cost of flights are usually the killer.  Miraculously I found some amazing deals on flights!  After a few emails we found this small cottage for a very good price...and then the owners threw in 2 extra nights for free and didn't charge any taxes!!! 
 
My niece and her hubby agreed to house sit....and look after our dog.  It is such a relief!  Thanks Jen and Lane!
 
Our flights were typical of the less expensive flights...many stops.  We had a layover in Toronto and Montreal.  This is what happens when a 3 year old is awake before 4 am.
 
 

This was the big boys' first time flying since flying to China to meet Malia, and the first time for us to fly as a family of 7.




 



Our first stop was the site of L.M. Montomery's Home.  This was a really neat experience as the lady that gave us a brief overview was married to a descendent of Montgomery's, and her passion for the place came through in the telling of her story.




We walked down the "old homestead lane that Lucy Maud Montgomery travelled" and mentioned in her writings. We walked through the haunted woods, up lover's lane and on to Green Gables.







And of coarse we had to take a picture of us along Lover's Lane!  lol!  I really don't like this picture cause I think it shows the stress we've been through, and we're looking really old...but heh!...we ARE smiling and happy!
 











 


 
The cutest version of Anne that I have ever seen!
 

Our next stop was Ripley's Believe it or Not!
 
Alex and Morgun really enjoyed this place with all it's fascinating and disgusting displays.
 



Megatron made of car parts.
 
'
 
Of coarse the horse made of driftwood was the girl's favorite!
 
 


2 comments:

Chantel said...

I love that shot of you and Martin! I can't see any stress but if you can I think it should be a good sign, you two have faced a lot over the years and are still together! After hearing about so many couples split up this summer I'm realizing how much we need to celebrate marriages that last! You guys are an inspiration to us.

Marie said...

Aw! Thanks Chantel! Almost every day of our marriage I have prayed that we would grow in our love for God and for each other...and it's amazing how we no longer know where one of us begins and the other ends.