Thursday, August 22, 2013

Swamp Buggy

Remember how I told you that while I was in China I had one of those heart stopping moments?  I nearly flipped out when Martin told me what he had allowed the boys to buy...after much begging of coarse.  Or so he claims.  ;)
 
He allowed the boys to buy a vehicle!  Yup!  You read that right!  A vehicle!  Not just any vehicle, but one that actually works!  And works very well!
 
I practically swallowed my tongue when I first heard...and was quick to lay down the law!
Martin reassured me that he was always in the vehicle, ready to grab the steering wheel and/or pull the park brake.  It is a standard. And he reassured me the boys were having an interesting time learning to drive...lots of lurching!  lol!
 
He even sent a few photos...now who could resist those handsome and proud grins?  Not this mama!...but only after laying down some very strict rules!
 



The "Swamp Buggy", as the boys call their jeep, was originally yellow.  However, after a few cans of spray paint it is now an appropriate flat black. 
I think it will be a summer they will never forget!
 



 
 
 






 
 
 
I must admit...it is kinda fun to beat around the yard/field with this thing!  :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW!!! you are brave:)yikes I can't believe our boys are old enough to even think of driving.

Patrick and Christina said...

Oh my...that was a slick on Dad's part. LOL!
At least those boys will have TONS of driving experience by the time they are really ready for the road!