Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Good Bye China!!!

 
We are on the last stretch of our stay here in China.  Tonight we had the "Good Bye China" Party complete with Peking Duck, cake, a little show.  It is a bit of a bittersweet good bye.  I can hardly wait to go home and yet I know that in a few months I will wish that I could go back to China for just a few days.
 
Jackson continues to slowly come out of his shell.  He is beginning to babble and giggle in the hotel hallways and fusses when we go shopping.  He is trying to communicate his needs more and has become very good at pointing and taking my hand, indicating what he wants.  He has said a few words...car, mama, pee, poop, and more...all the essential words at this point!  lol!  He is even beginning to smile at others in our group.  He loves anything with wheels and discovered the "lift the flap" book I had been saving for on the flight home.  I know he'll love it as it has all kinds of interesting vehicles in it.
 
I have been trying to rock him to sleep each night and at nap, but most days he prefers to be put in the crib.  If I'm lucky he'll cuddle for a bit and sometimes even dose off.
 
Our flight leaves around 4pm, Beijing time, tomorrow afternoon. There are 3 other couples on this flight as well, so it could be an interesting flight.  Could you pray that all the babies/kids travel well, sleep well, that the flights are on schedule, and that us adults get some much needed sleep as well....thanks!
 
I arrive home at 11:40pm...late, I know, but that's in about 40 hrs...can't wait!!  :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

praying for a quick and easy flight home. :)

a portland granny said...

is everyone all right? I have checked daily for an update of getting home and am now beginning to be concerned. I've been enjoying your blog the last few weeks, but haven't left a comment before.

Hope all is well

Marie said...

So sorry Portland granny! Didn't mean to cause concern. Nice to have you stop by and chat! I posted a bit today, but will try to post more in the next few days!

Patrick and Christina said...

Just catching up on the blog roll!

...that "no rocking to sleep thing" and just laying down...don't give up!

Be encouraged to know that I persisted despite Samuel's protest and it has paid off in really BIG dividends (9 months later). Rock as long as he tolerates, push the envelope a bit each time, pray lots (which i know you do), do what is right in your heart, find that one thing that tickles his fancy and draw him in to all that motherly love.

It all sounds sooooo familiar. When you are ready I would love to get together. Let me know if there is anything we can do??

Still praying for you all.

- Blessings-