Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beijing Zoo and My Big Little Man

This morning was filled with more paperwork...the last of what needs to be done here in China. All of Jackson's necessary travel documents will be ready by Thursday, just in time for our flight home.
 
In the afternoon we went to the Beijing Zoo.  I've been there once before and tagged along for the company.  Most of our travel group also went.  I am with an amazing travel group.  Numerous people have said that if I need anything, I just need to let them know.  I am certainly being well looked after.
 
 
 
The above photo shows the absolute crazy mass of people.  We went to the Panda exibit first.  It is very crowded, with many people jostling against one another.  Unfortunately, one of the guys in our group was pick pocketed and another guy noticed the zipper on his cargo pants being opened, but never did see who was trying to rob him.  Needless to say, backpacks were worn in the front and we were all sure to keep an eye on our bags.
 
Jackson only napped for a few short minutes to the Zoo and was miserable for the last half hour or so...as you can tell. :)


I eventually managed to get Jackson to settle for a nap and this evening he was much happier.  I have begun calling him my "big little man".  He is so tiny and cuddly. When he cries he becomes like an infant with the floppy head and limp body.  His eyes hold so much sadness and I know his heart is breaking.  On the other hand he is incredibly intelligent and observant.  He seems wise beyond his years.  He is very good at communicating his basic needs.  He is potty trained and tonight he even told me when he needed to go poop!  Ahhh...gotta love having a potty trained boy!  Tonight Jackson was very talkative, babbling and laughing, playing with his favorite toy...one of Alex and Morgun's old cars.  He loves that it makes a squeeky noise when he pushes it.

No comments: