Tuesday, June 25, 2013

God At Work-Part Two

It was never my intent to have a "Part Two" to my previous post titled God At Work.  However, in light of what has transpired in the past few days, I am compelled to share more of God's goodness.  I have been at a loss for words.  It has taken 2 days for me to sit down and share what has happened.   I have been so overwhelmed...and speechless!

If you've been following here for any length of time, you know that the most difficult part of adoption, for us, is the lack of support...in every aspect.  I have been trying to focus on what God is teaching us.  Trying not to get frustrated.  Trying not to worry. Trying to be positive....and praying, praying, praying.

In my last post I mentioned an 11 year old girl who was incredibly generous in giving us her babysitting money to put towards our adoption.  This past weekend she once again gave us some money.  This girl has been working for $3/hour, saving for an Ipod.  Instead of  buying an Ipod, she has chosen to give us the money to bring Jackson home...all $150!!!!  I am completely blown away...and humbled!  The phrase, "A little child shall lead them" keeps running through my mind.  I really do need to become more like this wonderful young lady!

We recently began attending a new church.  Remember the church that was willing to accept the grant on our behalf?  This is that same church.  Anyhow, this past Sunday this body of believers literally had us speechless and in tears. Those of you who know me well, know that is rare.  I am not easily given to tears and am rarely speechless.  These wonderful people had heard about our story and decided they wanted to help out. ( I can hardly type this as I am overcome with emotion...)  They got together and came up with the HUGE, EXTRAVAGANT amount of $3,500 to put towards bringing Jackson home!!!!!!  We are in awe!  Our little human brains cannot even process this generosity! This gift is so much more than a gift of money.  It is a gift of affirmation, support, and love. 

I am amazed at what this gift is doing to us.  Our steps are lighter, our smiles are brighter, and most importantly we are energized to do more.  To love more.  To actively show others the love of God!

Do you see what I mean when I say God is at work?  Obviously He is at work in this girls life, in this body of believers.  But that's not what I mean...He is at work in our lives.  He is using this to produce more fruit in us...something we can not do out of our own determination.

Martin and I are still trying to wrap our heads around all of this.  We are completely overwhelmed and humbled.  It feels so incredibly invigorating to be loved like this!

4 comments:

Chantel said...

:D Marie, this is amazing!!! After our chat last week I went home and I told Jared about your experience at the church because I was so excited for you. Then on Sunday on our way home from church I was wondering if you guys went back there . . . what an amazing gift you've been given, and not even just the money but it sounds like you've finally got some people rallying around you with support. :) I'm so thankful!

Carla said...

God is so amazing!

Paige said...

It is amazing how God brings these things together, even if it is at the last minute!

Patrick and Christina said...

Amazing Grace, Amazing God!
God is good!
So thankful and happy for you that things are starting to turn around in your favor! Keep the faith in this journey to Jackson.