Saturday, October 27, 2012

He Restoreth My Soul

Today I am thanking God for refreshing times.  As you know we have been in a difficult place lately.  Martin described it as barely being able to keep our heads above water...grabbing a quick breath before going under again.  Today I can say we are finally in shallower (is that even a word? lol) water.  I thank God for providing a respite for us.

Many years ago we foolishly purchased a biannual timeshare and have often thought of selling it, but it is virtually worthless.  So we have hung on to it and it has allowed us to take inexpensive vacations to Fairmont, BC.  This is our year.  We had full intentions to take advantage of it, but recently decided it was not in our budget and would bank it instead. 

However...Sunday night we realized we HAD to do something and the idea of leaving the next day was mentioned.  The forecast was for snow and cold temperatures...not productive working weather for Martin.  Monday morning, around 8:30am we booked our vacation and by 11:30 am we had made all the necessary phone calls, etc and were on the road! 

I must admit I felt guilty going on a vacation at this time, but not any more.  This week has been so very, very refreshing.  In every aspect...spiritually, physically, and emotionally.  I have literally spent hours praying...fellowshipping with God.  The first few verses of Psalm 23 keep going through my mind.."The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul..."   My soul has been restored!

I suppose God is indeed looking after His child...and for that I will be forever grateful!

3 comments:

Paige said...

We all need time away from the everyday... I am glad you went ahead and did this! I am glad you are feeling better!

Denise said...

So glad you could take this time to get away! Sometimes those spur of the moment holidays are the best - not a lot of time to stew about what to pack/not to pack. :)

Chantel said...

I am so glad your vacation was restful Marie. My God's peace continue to be felt through your life!