Thursday, August 2, 2012

Howling Wolf Resort

It's been two weeks since we got back from our wonderful vacation in Wisconsin where we met my sister Kathy and her family.  I apologize for being so slow in posting.  My computer is once again working...(I think it may be time to invest in a back up computer) and I'm slowly catching up on my yard work.  I spent 5 1/2 hours on the tractor yesterday tilling my trees and I'm so glad to be done!  What a boring job!  I suppose I shouldn't complain.  It is a lot easier than picking peas or beans(sometimes 2-3 hours a day)...which I've been doing a LOT of lately.  My freezer is slowly filling up with all the wonderful and healthy homegrown produce...can you tell I'm trying to convince myself it's worth the effort?...oh right!  I do it cause it's the only way to eat healthy and keep our grocery budget down.

Anyhow, enough whining!

We decided to meet in the middle...so to speak...and still had a 17-18 hour drive...and that's not including all the stops.  Our kids travelled very well.  We travelled with our camper and loved being able to stop at any time, whether it was for a bathroom break or to grab a bite to eat.

We met at this resort.



Kathy and Mark stayed in one of the cabins and we shared the kitchen and living areas.  It wasn't fancy, as you can see.  This is the main leg of the kitchen table!  What a hoot!  It had various objects stuck into it's base in an attempt to steady the table!  lol!


However, it was the perfect place to relax.  It was very quiet and peaceful and the accommodations were adequate, although very simple.

Our girls had a blast playing with Kiannah.  That girl has an incredible imagination and Malia soaked it all in and loved it!



I was so proud of the older two...always waiting for Raina to catch up.  Couldn't ask for a more mature and caring cousin!









2 comments:

Paige said...

Love it! And your photos are great... There is nothing like family!

Patrick and Christina said...

Awesome pictures of your girls! Love the one where all the "babies" are tucked in bed in the little fort...love the imagination of little girls! :)