Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012


As you've all noticed I've not blogged in a long time.  Life has been too busy.  Busy getting the camper ready to head out to Wisconsin for a week to meet up with Kathy and Mark and their family, trying to do yard work between downpours, wrapping up most of the adoption paperwork and then coming home to mountains of laundry, two foot high weeds...and I'm not exaggerating!...cleaning the camper...and once again trying to catch up on yard work between downpours. 

 To top it off, I've once again been struggling with all that comes with saying good-bye to my sister and her family...I do not like living so far apart one little bit!  Do you hear the attitude that comes with that statement?  Trust me it's there!  I know I'm being a big brat and honestly my gratefulness is so much greater than my dislikes.  We really had not thought we would be able to see them so soon.  We had thought it would likely be a few years and it's only been a year!  How cool and awesome is that!?!

We began our trip with a stop a Tim Horton's...couldn't ask for a better start!...(well, truth be told...Starbucks does have a better hot chocolate...as for the coffee...I wouldn't know, as I'm not a coffee drinker.) 



Perhaps one of the best part of a Tim's cup is it's entertainment value.  First Raina looked in the cup repeatedly...


...and then decided it was worth a shot to try to get some yummy chocolate!  Too cute!


I'll be sure to post more of our trip in the next few days...most likely between yard work and a downpour! lol!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I have to disagree...I LOVE Tims hot chocolate;) maybe because its so hard to come by and a major treat for us. We actually found a Tims on our way home and stocked up.

Chantel said...

I love how kids always play with with non-toys way longer than they play with actual toys.

I took a while and looked through your previous blog posts and loved reading the ones of your time meeting Raina and your early days with her. It makes me so excited for when we get to bring our little one(s) home!

Patrick and Christina said...

Love the pictures of Raina checking out the cup...she has grown so much since we last got together!