Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wild Life...trust me it is!

The past few weeks have been super busy.  It's that time of year where all the yard work needs to be done at the same time, and with all the rain we've had it is next to impossible to keep up.  I can not mow a huge part of my ditches due to the wate,r and the grass is almost to the point where I will need to swath it! lol!  (Guess I'll be mowing as soon as I finish blogging and eating my lunch) I honestly feel as though I live in Vancouver!  We've had rain almost everyday for the past 3 weeks!  Unbelievable! 

Malia's soccer tournament is next week-end and then she is done for the season...I can't wait!  We test for our green stripe in TKD in 2 weeks and then that will be done till fall, which should free up 2 evenings a week!  I've gone on a field trip with all 3 kids...which was fun.  I've been cooking at church for The Barn...which is a local production of various plays...(this session it is Anne of Green Gables).  Our church serves a fried chicken meal and all the funds raised go towards various charities.  Funds raised from our next session will be sent to God's Littlest Angels in Haiti...as you know GLA holds a special place in my heart and we had the privilege of working there this winter.  To top it off, I've been working a fair bit...it IS a wild life!...and most days it is fun, but as of late, the busyness has left me exhausted and stressed!

I think God must have felt sorry for me and decided to send me some incredible gifts!  The first was spotting a moose as I was mowing the yard.  I love mowing...especially when I can see the river, and as usual my eyes were on the river more than on where I was mowing.  I saw what appeared to be a log floating in the water, but then it moved in an unusual manner!  My stomach sank.  My first thought was that it may be a body...unfortunately we've seen that before.  I kept an eye on it...just in case...and low and behold a moose came out of the water!  It made it's way up the riverbank to our neighbors yard.  They spotted it and chased it away from their apple trees.  Later that evening we spotted it again...coming straight towards our property!  Beautiful...(even though the picture does not do it justice.)




A few days later I went out to get more firewood for our stove...yes, it's been that cold!  And spotted this beautiful bird.  It sat, stunned...I'm guessing it must have flown into a window.  As the camera flashed it began to look around.  I was able to snap a dozen pictures and admire it's beauty.


God knows that nature settles my soul and refreshes my mind...just what I needed after all the craziness!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love how God does that in the midst of our busyness and crazy lives...like He is reminding us of what is truly important in life:) so glad you got to see those beautiful creatures...I have to say I'm a little jealous of the moose.
And Kiannah would go nuts about the Anne of Green Gables drama...she loves that series.
Hope life slows down a little for you...right now we are in the middle of all the fruit picking and I've been sick...not good timing.Hope we can both get done what we need to do.

Patrick and Christina said...

Sounds like you have been super busy! We are crazy here too. I love connecting with God in his creation it certainly does soothe the soul. Love that last picture of the yellow bird! Blessings!

Paige said...

I know how busy this time can be... especially when you add in all the paperwork stuff you must be trying to pull together right now too.

Summer is a time of relaxation and being outside... enjoy every moment!