Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yellow Belts

Last week we tested for our yellow belts in TaeKwon Do.  We all passed...and we couldn't be prouder!  We had to break a board as part of our test...something which stressed all of us.  I knew the boys and Martin would not have a problem but I would never have thought that I could do that.



I was a little too slow in catching Morgun break his board.  :(



 Martin has been the brunt of a lot of teasing this past week.  His wife soundly beat him in every aspect of the test...yes, I am bragging...just a bit...not because I think I'm good at TaeKwon Do, but simply because it is SOOOO much fun bugging Martin!  Seriously, who would have thought I would do better???  We won't mention that a few weeks ago, at a local tournament Martin placed 2nd in sparring (against green and blue belts) and he and I faced off in our patterns...and yes, he beat me!  Nor will we mention, that Martin is truly better in every aspect...except in handling the stress of testing...:)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Good job you guys!!

Marie you're just too competitive to allow anyone to beat you;)

Paige said...

Good job to all of you! I hate testing time... I don't even take TKD and yet I get more stressed then my kids!

Maybe you should spar Tim???

Marie said...

Kathy you are hilarious! Me? Competitive? Never! ;p
Hahaha! Paige you are funny! I'd get a sound beating if I did that! I am not good at sparring at all...something about hitting and kicking someone that I'm not mad at..;)The only thing I'm good at is sounding tough...yup...full of hot air! :)
I get stressed for my kids too. I really have to focus on what I am doing otherwise I would be a wreck!

Marie said...

Oh, and we didn't sparr against each other. I'm pretty sure I know how that would turn out...Martin would be too much of a gentleman and wouldn't try his hardest, and that would make me mad...so I would do something to make him mad and then he would lay a sound lickin' on me! It would be hilarious to watch I'm sure!!!