Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Recent Projects

I recently finished some projects I had started ages ago.  I began this project shortly before we received our proposal for Malia.  I am embarrassed to admit it took so long to complete this project...but that's what happens when something much more important comes into our lives.  I made 18 placemats and love that I am no longer using a bunch of mismatched/Christmas placemats all year long!




The second project was to sew a shower curtain for my main floor bath.  This entire bathroom has taken years to complete.  We wanted a claw foot tub and about a year ago we finally installed all the plumbing...which is ridiculously expensive!  I really wanted a shower curtain to fit this tub, but couldn't find anything in our little city.  We had been using a simple and cheap shower liner...which looked awful.  I used some fabric bought years ago at a clearance sale...for a ridiculously low price...and matches my bath perfectly!  I love it when I get deals like that!  This was a very simple and inexpensive project and I love the end result!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yay!!! the bathroom is done and looks great!! good job you guys.

I love the placemats as well...I may just have to use that for my own.

I hear ya...there are projects that have been started ages ago and are still in parts...hoping to get to some this weekend, but we'll see...I think Bee may be teething so one can never tell.

Paige said...

LOVE the placemats! And the shower curtain looks great... I have always wanted a claw foot tub.