Friday, April 20, 2012

Attention Span of a Two Year Old

I've been trying to video Raina and it is nearly impossible.  I know my sister has been patiently waiting for some recent videos.  However, every time Raina sees me with my camera she stops what she is doing and insists on "see".  I finally managed to get a short little clip of her feeding her baby before she came to see what I had recorded.



There are days I find it next to impossible to accomplish anything with Raina constantly getting into mischief.  Today was one of those days.  First she was begging for "Dora music"...translated as wanting to watch a Dora movie.  I allowed her to watch for awhile.  As soon as the movie was over she began whining and begging for more.  I tried to convince her to help me dust, but that only works when Malia is "helping".  Then she began getting into everything, still whining...eventually I found the perfect solution.
 Last night the boys completed their session of TaeKwon Do, and as has become the custom, each kid got to pick a treat from the Osler General Store.  Raina picked a ring pop.  She didn't finish it last night...and I couldn't have been more grateful!  I put her on a stool with the ring pop and a National Geographic Magazine.  It kept her occupied for more than a half hour!!   And as a result my house is as clean as can be...for the moment!

2 comments:

Paige said...

I totally get it. I think sometimes that is a personality thing -- maybe age too -- but Lilah is the same way... she needs to be constantly entertained or she just wanders around lost! It can be exhausting. I am hoping it is a sign of high intelligence.

Kathy said...

Marie tried watching the video and its not working.