Monday, March 12, 2012

Linden

I'm back to blogging!  I have so much to tell you...everything from more about Haiti to Malia's Valentine's Day hair to fun in the snow.  However, today I MUST share about the most exciting news of all!  I am an auntie again!!!!
Approximately 10 years after beginning the adoption journey, 2 proposals that fell through, and almost giving up, my brother Jiggs (yes, we do call him that, even though his given name is Jacob)and sister-in-law Eva FINALLY have a baby boy!  Linden Ryan Jacob is 18 months old and is the cutest, sweetest boy ever!  He totally reminds me of Eva's younger brother...cool how God works!



Jiggs and Eva will celebrate their 17th wedding anniversary this summer.  They would have loved to start a family almost immediately, however God had other plans.  Jiggs and Eva began the adoption process by putting their names on the domestic adoption list here in SK.  However, they realized it would take a very long time, so they began the adoption process to adopt through the states.  I believe it was back in 2004 or 2005 that they had 2 proposals from the US.  Both fell through.  The first child's parents were married and already had 2 children, but felt they could not afford a third.  Our hearts rejoiced with Jiggs and Eva...And yet we grieved for the parents, knowing the difficult position they were in.  In the end the parents decided to keep their baby.
A short time later, they had another proposal...for twins!  The mother was single, and it didn't take long to realize that this woman was only looking for someone to pay for her living and medical expenses.  Jiggs and Eva refused to send unnecessary money and decided to back out.
There were many times that Jiggs and Eva felt like giving up...but they continued the journey...and I'm so very thankful they did!

This past week we had a shower for them. What a celebration!  Many people attended...even aunts and cousins we rarely see!  I think the whole world must be celebrating with Jiggs and Eva!



I know this isn't a great picture of Linden, but it really shows Eva's excitement!  She simply glows!


Linden loves putting everything in his mouth...including toys still in the package!


The cake says it all!  We're so thrilled to have Linden join our little world!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

This really puts it all in perspective... I stress because I have to wait a few months and this couple waited 17 years... no wonder she is glowing. He is such a little miracle and I may not know them, but am truly happy for them.