Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Adopted For The Second Time

Our precious Malia asked Jesus into her heart tonight!

Tonight we read about Lazarus and the rich man...how the rich man saw Lazarus in heaven and wanted to join him there.  We talked about how we can enter heaven.  I asked our kids if they would go to heaven when they died.  Our boys answered "yes", saying that because they have asked for forgiveness, love God and live for Him they can be assured of spending eternity in heaven.  Malia certainly wanted to go to heaven, but knew she had not asked Jesus into her heart.  We have talked about this before, and tonight she prayed for forgiveness and asked Jesus to live in her heart!  And she understands completely!  When asked why she can now go to heaven she replied, "Cause I love Jesus and obey Him!".

  Malia has been adopted for the second time...the most important adoption of all!  I have always understood the similarity between God adopting us as His children and people adopting orphans. One can not speak of one without thinking of the other.  I know how thrilled God is when we become His children.  I've experienced the joy and thrill of having 4 children join our family!  Inspite of knowing and understandin all this, I am once again in awe of God's great love and mercy for us!

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth!"  3 John 1:4

2 comments:

Paige said...

Awesome!

Patrick and Christina said...

That is so precious Marie! How wonderful!