Saturday, December 31, 2011

Praying/Happy New Year!!

I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, however, I do think it is a great time to reflect and take a moment to clarify/reaffirm goals, etc for the coming year.  This past year has been a year where I have been challenged to simplify.  At every turn I feel God telling me to focus on what is truly important...Him alone!  To focus less on what I want...in my house...such as new furniture, curtains, etc,... how I would love a hot vacation...a maid...you get the picture...
I strongly believe He is pushing me to be less concerned about a clean house, a neat yard, and that He wants me to focus on loving...loving others..caring for their needs, and loving myself...which means taking more "me" time. 

As we have been teaching Raina how to pray I have learned something once again.  The prayer is a very simple prayer..."Thank you Jesus for loving me."   She is adorable each time she prays.   She repeats each word as I say it, but when we come to "for"  she holds up her fingers indicating "four".  Then when we get to "me", she giggles!   Too cute!  Warms my heart every time!  As we prayed, it dawned on me that Raina's simple prayer is what I need to focus on...God's love!  Unbelievable that He could love me so much!  Makes me smile!









Praying that year ahead will be a God centered one for each one of us!  Happy New Year!   God Bless!

1 comment:

Paige said...

We try to teach our kids to pray too, they try to always get away with the standard prayer, I am trying to teach them to pray with meaning! Raina is just too sweet!