Monday, December 5, 2011

Apple Pie



Every year Osler School has an apple fundraiser.  These apples come directly from the orchard and are the yummiest apples ever!  Alex and Morgun (and Mom) spent many hours driving around the countryside selling apples.  In total the boys sold 51 twenty pound boxes of apples...to tie for first place as the top sellers!  I love this fundraiser...it is a useable and healthy product and every year I buy at least 3-4 cases.  This year was no exception.  My basement fridge has been full of apples for the past 8 weeks and it was time for our annual pie making.


This was the first year I actually allowed the boys to help with mixing the dough...I convince myself they do in fact have clean hands and won't sneeze into the mix..:)






Alex cut apples...

Morgun ate the peel...

As did Raina...


And Malia...


Martin cored, sliced and peeled the apples...

While I assembled them.  I look forward to thawing these pies throughout the winter and having fresh, hot apple pie at a moments notice!

1 comment:

Marie said...

We only made 11, but that should last for a long time! I use Martin's moms recipe...it is awesome! If you want it let me know and I will inbox you.