Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Raina's 2nd Birthday!

My week is finally slowing down just a tad.  Today I am baking muffins (gotta clean up those bananas before they go bad) and will complete and send off our business paper work to our accountant.  I am SO glad to have the business work done (or almost).  It has been hanging over my head for ages...yes, I was WAY behind...12 months to be exact...SCARY!  Best of all, my office floor is no longer strewn with papers!
I also hope to do some more fall cleaning...hate those spiders...and decorate some more for Christmas...AND...if possible have a nap.  I have this nasty cough that keeps me awake at night and I am exhausted.  Then I have a meeting at 4pm and a soccer game at 7pm.  It should be a busy, but good day.


Anyhow, on to what is important...Raina's 2nd birthday! It was Raina's first birthday at home. We celebrated quietly,as a family and Martin even made it home early from hunting. He was not about to miss Raina's first birthday celebration! I feel so blessed to have this sweet little one in our family...she is a delight!
Raina's favorite words are "Mommy", "baby", "yauh", and "no".   Raina's language is slightly delayed, although she knows more words than she generally uses. I am waiting for the day when she consistently puts words together to form a sentence.  She is mischievous and is known to throw everything from socks to important papers into the garbage.  She loves playing with her "baby" and is very good at entertaining herself.  Raina is still a very good sleeper, sleeping 12 hrs at night and 3 hrs at nap time.  She is beginning to sit long enough to watch a tv show.  Raina is not completely potty trained, but will generally do her big job on the toilet.  I should take the time to potty train her, but with all the stress of late, it has not been a priority (so different from my first baby...he would have trained come hell or high water!).  I can not imagine our life without this little gem...she truly lives up to the word that kept coming to my mind while we waited for her arrival...joy!

Raina loved the cake and was fascinated by the candles, but refused to blow them out.



Daddy helping Raina hold up 2 fingers.


Her favorite gift was the least expensive one...a play phone!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday! So special to celebrate her first birthday as a family...

I hope you can get some rest and start to feel better.