Friday, October 7, 2011

Quebec City

Our visit to Quebec City was incredible!  We stayed at a cute little Chateau within walking distance to Old Quebec City.

I loved the amazing architecture.  I adore almost anything old, especially old buildings!  I was in my glory! 




...the Parliament Buildings with all of the amazing paintings, stained glass windows, and ornamental designs...and history...



 ...Plains of Abraham....



 ...the narrow streets...


...narrow entrances to homes...


...the buildings...





...World's most photographed Hotel, Chateau Frontenac...

...the inner court yard of Chateau Frontenac.  I was determined to spend at least one night here, but the price was way a little  too expensive, running at $425+ per night!  Good thing a girl can dream!!





We wined and dined to our hearts content..well almost...Martin would have wined more if he hadn't been such a good, cheap Menno!  I LOVE food, and savoured all the flavours from goat cheese, to creme brulle, but must admit my favorite food was the soups and I will certainly try to replicate them!

2 comments:

Patrick and Christina said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!

I LOVE Old Quebec City and your pictures bring back some good memories of touring (and dining there...such good food and wine). It is just as I remember it...simply charming!

Paige said...

I would love to go there someday! It looks beautiful and charming.

Looks like an amazing way to celebrate 20 years.