Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Schoubble Zup


I LOVE soup...especially at this time of year and made with fresh ingredients from my garden.  I had been looking forward to Schoubble Zup (or Bean soup), but wanted to wait until the weather was a little cooler.  BUT 2 weeks ago we had a hail storm with hail the size of marbles.  I wasn't too concerned...until I looked at my garden!  Oh my!  What a mess! Everything was shredded!  My potatoes and carrots will be fine, and my strawberries will bear fruit again, but everything else was destroyed.  I am so very thankful that, for the most part, I had harvested enough produce to see us through the winter.  My wonderful sister-in-law Ruth let me pick cucumbers and so I should have almost enough dill pickles.  AND I managed to pick enough beans to make one pot of Schoubble Zup!  Yum!!!  I think God knew how much I was craving this soup and made sure he protected some beans...isn't He the BEST?!?!


1 comment:

Marie said...

Kathy it is sour cream...sweet cream works as well.