Friday, August 19, 2011

Cypress Hills

Our summer has been among the best ever!  Crazy busy, but with lots of special memories.  Among our favorites was  Cypress Hills.  Imagine a campsite with all of the following...WITHOUT MOSQUITOS!  Seriously!  I only saw a handfull!  So much better than at home where we have been slathering ourselves in insect repellent just to survive an evening or day outdoors. 


Alex and Morgun enjoyed looking for minnows...as usual, even though their boat was slowly losing air.


Raina LOVED playing in the sand...

...but HATED the boat!

We went horseback riding several times.  I'm not sure who had more fun...the kids...or me!  I've wanted a horse for as long as I can remember, but according to some it is a tank that always needs to be filled even when not in use, and is therefore useless...I won't mention any names...:),  but after seeing us all LOVE the horses, I think he is almost convinced!!!


The guy that thinks horses are a money eating machine also enjoyed himself...had to point that out! lol!  The last day the boys and I went riding and we saw 2 moose and 2 deer...Mr. Hunter REALLY wished he had joined us!

Raina fell asleep...so relaxing!


Being goofy in the pool....


Should I jump...or not!  Malia was contemplating jumping, but chickened out.

Campfires...gotta love them!

Raina lovin' on Alex...he adores her!

Morgun loved the late night campfires with just Mom and Dad and Alex.

Alex, the true artist, was fascinated by all the flowers on the trail ride and took this picture.

The awesome view!


Mini golfing...


And last but not least, one of my favorite pictures....

1 comment:

Paige said...

My favorite place! I am glad you had a great time as a family.