Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back To School

Today is the boys' first day back to school.  I am NOT ready for school to begin and could use at least another 3 weeks of holidays.  I dread this day every year and miss my kids incredibly!  I think that calls for a morning of shopping...just for a distraction! ;)

Morgun was excited and couldn't wait to begin grade 4.  His teacher is Ms. Bodnar...remember her from a few years back?  She is honestly the best teacher any child could ever have!  Morgun is looking forward to being in her class.

Alex on the other hand was nervous and anxious.  He did not know who his teacher would be because there are 2 grade 6 classes.  He really wanted a particular teacher.  When we found his class and he realized who his teacher was, his face fell...I could have cried!  His teacher is an awesome teacher and will be good for him, but he has had previous negative experiences with her and bases his opinion of her on that...not good!  I have been praying that Alex will have an awesome year.  Hopefully the bullying will be a thing of the past...











2 comments:

Paige said...

I don't understand! I love this day!

It is hard to know they are not in the class they had hoped for. I hope he has a great year and doesn't have issues with this teacher. Some teachers don't realize what a huge impact they can have on a child.

Marie said...

Ha! Ha! Even I don't understand what it is that makes me dread this day. I guess that makes me one of "those weird moms" that cries (not that I actually do...outwardly at least) when my kids leave that first day. I think it is, at least in part, because our summers are overflowing with yardwork,gardening, canning, work (Martin's busiest time), camping etc that we feel we just don't have enough time with our kids..well time... yes we have that, but it's usually "busy time". I wish I could have more time, and that we would all get sooo bored that I would be waiting for school to start..but that is not our life at the moment...