Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playdough

We made play dough today.  After yesterdays' harrowing events it was a wonderful, relaxing activity.  I took the girls to RUH for Raina's weekly cast and as I entered the hospital, I realized I could only read parts of the signs...weird, but I felt fine.  By the time I reached Registration I wasn't sure on Raina's name, her Dr's name, but still recognized our mailing address and phone number.  I proceeded to the Orthopedic Out Patient wing, informing the receptionist that I was not feeling well, and if possible, would appreciate if I could get Raina's cast put on asap.  The Dr. had not yet arrived, so I decided to go to the ER to register.  I could hardly focus enough to find my way and thought I might pass out.  At this point I phoned Martin and asked him to come help...I was terrified that I would faint and the girls would be afraid.  Apparently my conversation did not make a lot of sense.  After registering at the ER, all I could think about was getting Raina's cast put on...illogical, I know, but for some reason I thought it had to be done, before I could go see a Doctor.  So, we went back to Orthopedics.  Raina's orthopedic surgeon is wonderful, and got us in immediately.  I managed to express my thanks, but was obviously not acting normally.  Dr. Dzus insisted that I go to the ER and kept looking at me with a very concerned expression on her face and finally said "You're worrying me!" 
By the time I once again arrived at the ER my right hand was tingling and numb.  I informed the nurse as best I could, and sat down.  By the time Martin arrived I had a massive headache, and felt like vomiting.  He asked to see a doctor asap...at this point I was having all 5 symptoms of a minor stroke.  To make a long story short, I waited for 4 hours without seeing a doctor.  After about 3 1/2 hours I began to feel well enough to think somewhat realistically...if I wanted to see a doctor, I would have to see to it myself.  I left the ER and went to see a doctor at my Family Physician's office.  After many questions, and a thorough examination, the doctor concluded that what I suffered from was a migraine...go figure!  Why not tell me that in the ER, give me some pills and let me go home?!? ...instead of sitting there for 3 1/2 hours curled up in pain!  I feel fine today, although I still feel weak and tired, with a bit of a headache even though I took some recommended Migraine Tylenol.  My right arm still feels numb, but for the most part I feel well and so very thankful to be healthy!  Thank you Lord!!

Anyhow, back to the play dough...





Raina was thrilled to have the play dough.  Her expressions tell the story...



 ...and then, after being told "No, don't eat that!"...

2 comments:

Marie said...

You're not the first to say that Malia looks like me. God sure knew what he was doing!

Paige said...

That is really scary... I hope you feel better and it doesn't happen again. Thanks for covering us in prayer yesterday... I love knowing that God asks people to pray, even when they don't know why. It was a knuckle gripping trip out of the mountains!