Thursday, March 24, 2011

Alex

Alex is a typical 11 year old in many ways.  He LOVES Lego, especially Star Wars Lego and will spend hours in the playroom building and revamping his Lego men.  On the day I mended pants, he found scraps and made capes for his Lego guys...not so typical of an 11 year old.

 He LOVES to read...almost any book he can get his hands on.  He will read and reread his favorite books...the Narnia Series, Hardy Boy books, and any Star Wars books.  I recently took this photo...it sums up his passions. 
 Alex is also an artist...not so typical of an 11 year old.  Here are some of his drawings.


 This is the latest piece Alex completed.  The boy loves wildlife!
I am so VERY proud of Alex.  He can frustrate me to the core in seconds and warm my heart in even less time.  He is a boy of many emotions and is extremely sensitive and perceptive.  He continually amazes me with his desire to live for God.  He works hard to control his emotions and to be a gentle, loving kid.  He is the kid that when talking about the importance of education (which is a common topic in our household simply because our families and many in the community still view a high school diploma as some GREAT achievement rather than a simple expectation), says "It's kind of like a door to a whole new world!"  Yesterday I happened to be watching an Oprah show on what makes people happy.  The discussion was on the amount of money needed to be happy.  Alex commented "I was thinking about this last night...it's not about how much money you have."  
And that, in a nut shell is MY son!!!  So proud of him!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Wow, he is very talented. His drawings are amazing... this boy will go places. I see such different talents in each of my kids... I always want to push them in the directions where their passions lie and not have them reach for whatever is the easiest route to go.

Alex sounds like a great boy!