Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Skating

This past weekend I took the boys skating at a friends house while Martin stayed home with the girls.  The weather was rather miserable; cold, windy and snowy.  It made for the perfect setting for pictures and the boys didn't seem to notice the cold.  I finally ventured out when it was time for hot chocolate in the shop. 
 I loved the way Morgun had to lift his face shield to drink.  He could have removed his helmet, but it is difficult to make it fit properly while wearing a toque and I was not about to adjust it...too much work!



Morgun crawling to the dugout so as not to dull his skates.

Alex clearing the dugout.

Morgun is playing hockey this year and loves it!

I love this photo of Alex...it totally depicts who he is.  He likes lots of space and is more fascinated in how things look and work than in actually participating.  Here, as always, he is observing the ice...all the lines, cracks and all that is underneath.
This kid has the most amazing smile!  I think it looks like his cheeks were half frozen when he smiled and they appear to be very wrinkled.  Love it!!!
Beautiful blue eyes!


1 comment:

Paige said...

That all feels very Canadian... skating on a dugout! It does look very cold though and I completely understand why you stayed inside.