Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Month With Raina

One month ago we met our precious daughter, Raina Liuji Marie!  What a blessing!  I will never forget that day and will treasure it in my heart forever! 
Raina continues to bond and develop both emotionally and physically.  She still sleeps in our room, right beside me in her playpen.  Most nights she will awaken 5-10 times.  She settles quickly and 2-3 times a night she needs me to put her soother in her mouth.  She is more than capable of doing this herself...I think it is an insecurity issue.  I am exhausted!  Most often when she cries I am startled awake.  I know this is only a phase and will pass quickly.  Even though Raina cries a lot at night, she does sleep for 12-13 hours and still naps 2-3 hours a day(but usually wakes up once as well).
Raina loves to play with her siblings and has an amazing sense of humor!  I can only imagine the mischief she will get into!  She loves to climb stairs and likes to crawl where ever I go.  Overall, she is happy and has a ready smile.  Most mornings she loves to cuddle and is in no hurry to play, eat or see anyone but Mommy.
I took some photos today, although it was extremely difficult!  Raina is very active!  I really could have used an extra set of hands.  Here are a few of the better photos.







 Trying to to get a picture of her feet and hands was almost impossible, but I did it and I love it!  It may sound strange, but I think there is something incredibly sweet about Raina's club foot...it seems so vulnerable and baby-like.  Her hands are huge, not a whole lot smaller than Malia's.  Perhaps she will be a pianist...or a farmer!  lol!

 These next 2 are my favorites!

 And this one is just for fun!!! ;)

1 comment:

Paige said...

So cute... great photo shoot! I am sure things will get better sleep wise as she settles in. It is difficult while you are in it though. Lilah was like that too for about 3 months, waking up constantly to make sure we were still there and her world hadn't changed again. Now she is a great sleeper!