Friday, December 31, 2010

Peters Gathering

December 25, 2010
Peters Family Gathering.

Christmas day began as another stressful day for me.  After our experience on Christmas Eve I was afraid.  Afraid to once again face racism.  Afraid for my children...so far our kids have not clued in to the negative undercurrent (although I do think Malia senses it).  Afraid that I would explode and vent all my frustration.  Afraid that I would tell someone to f#*@ off!  My stomach was still upset...literally burning, from the stress.  We prayed...and neither one of us said anything inappropriate!  I refuse to stoop to their level...in all I do I choose to honor God.  I am very thankful that he helped me be calm!
Not only were we able to be calm, but God also sent some angels...family members who ARE excited for us!  People who congratulated us and love our girls!  For that I praise God!  It made the gathering enjoyable.

As usual we sang songs and read the Christmas story.   It blessed my heart to see Brian (cousin and best friend) and Morgun singing!
 I had bought the girl's matching outfits, but Raina's ended up being too small. :(  However, I did manage to find this cute dress just a few days before Christmas!
 Malia...my precious one!  She is concerned...other kids were playing with and throwing Raina's toys.  She found that to be very disturbing. (Although I do wonder if that was all she was distressed about.)
 I love this picture...joy in the midst of all the "chaos".

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is a great picture of your and Raina... what joy!