Friday, November 26, 2010

Freakin' Out!

I am beginning to freak out!  So much to do with so little time.  Well, actually it's more than that...we've never left our kids for more than a few days and now we'll be gone for 13 days!  I know the boys will be fine but I still feel sorry for them.  I bought gifts for them to help the days go by faster.  Gifts that will entertain them, such as movies, books and Lego.  Alex in particular is stressed and has had a few night terrors again.  I am  glad they are very short.  Morgun on the other hand, for the most part,  is taking it in stride.  He does worry that we will not come home, that we will die like Grandma and Grandpa did.  How do you reassure a kid without lying to him?  We plan to come back, but ultimately that is in God's hands.  For the most part though he is simply excited.  The other day he mentioned that he thought it would be really cool if we came back with a little brother as well!  Now THAT would take a miracle!
I have finished all my Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating and baking.  I've bought most of what we need to travel (who would have thought we would spend over $200 on medications, formula and bottles?!), and I have started packing.  So really, if we were leaving tomorrow I would be ready.  It is all the things that don't have to be done but would be nice to have done...
The girls' room is finished except for a few details.  I'm still waiting for some things for on the walls and still need to adjust and complete the curtains.  I will post pictures when it is done.  My order for the wall decor will likely not arrive before we leave so it will be awhile before I can post the pics.
Malia is very excited to be travelling with us and LOVES to "rub it in" when the boys are around.  I am hoping that she will travel well and not be too antsy.  I am somewhat claustrophobic and do not function well in confined spaces with little ones constantly squirming.  However, I can hardly wait to travel and meet Raina!  How blessed we are!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I will be praying for you! I know Alex was stressed out last time too, so I hope he will be okay, I am sure he will be in good hands! I can hardly wait to see the pictures of the girls room!

Don't forget the Children's Gravol!