Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house last night . We put all the kids' toys into the storage rooms and managed to find room for all 46 of us.  I wish the other 14 people could have come as well and I think we would have managed to find more seating.  My brother Joe and his wife Ruth helped us plan the event and between the two of us we prepared the main course.  Ruth prepared the potatoes, ham and punch, while I cooked 2 turkeys, carrots, stuffing, and gravy.  The other families brought either a salad or pie for dessert.  Although this is the normal amount we cook, there were hardly any leftovers. :(  I guess it's time to cook 3 turkeys and add an extra salad!

A few of my nieces an nephew. . . I have a total of 30 and a few are bringing their fiancees or boyfriends. 



 I know Lisa and Eve will LOVE this photo...NOT!  But it's the only one I managed to take before I was noticed, and usually someone will try to hide...
I am thankful for my family.  We may not be close to all of them, but it warms my heart to know that everyone still makes the effort to get together even though Mom and Dad are no longer with us.  It says a lot about each one's character and determination.  Gotta love that!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is a lot of food to prepare... but there is nothing like family and the time we spend together!

Can I just say... that view outside your windows is so peaceful and amazing, I don't know how you get anything done!