Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Seager Wheeler Farm

One Sunday we headed to the Seager Wheeler Farm, a National Historic Site, for brunch. We met my sister and her family there, along with my niece, AnnaMarie. The farm is located about a 1/2 hours drive north of Osler. Seager Wheeler was renown as an inventor of farm implements, developer of new grain and horticultural varieties. He introduced several new trees to our local area, such as the Silver Leaf Willow. We have wanted to visit this site for years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love old houses and yard sites. The farm has a garden, animals, orchard and experimental plots of grain, flowers, and trees.

We toured the old barn which is still being used. I love the smell of hay in the loft!
Notice the grass in the boys' mouths and Alex's pocket, full of acorns.







1 comment:

Paige said...

Looks interesting! I love the smell of hay too, it just doesn't do too well with my allergies. Good thing I am a city girl.