Friday, August 27, 2010

Family/Batoche

I've been busy catching up on weeding, gardening, house work and the never ending laundry. Here are a few things we did earlier this summer. Kathy I thought you might enjoy some of the photos of the Wollf relatives.


Dad's side of the family gets together annually for a picnic. I was great to see some cousins and catch up. Good ole Mennonite boys! ;)


After the Wollf picnic we headed to Batoche Historical Site. I had been to Batoche when I was a kid. We were very disappointed. . . They were having their 200 year anniversary and were suppose to have lots of activities. By the time we arrived the place was almost deserted and no activities at all! The brochure did not specify times so we didn't know what time to arrive. . .seems rather odd and unorganized.

However, the kids enjoyed playing with some old fashioned toys.






They also got to pump water from a well.











No comments: