Friday, July 2, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away. . .

I am sick and tired of rain!! I am generally very tolerant of any weather. I love snowstorms, -45 degree weather and thunderstorms, tolerate wind and unpredictable weather. But this year I have had it!! We normally get about 10 inches of rain in a year. The rainfall to date is approximately 22-23 inches!! It is impossible to keep up with the yard work. My garden is full of weeds and my trees only partly tilled. I managed to mow yesterday, but we didn't get the edging done with the whipper sniper. I did get some more weeding done today before it once again began to rain! :(
We have been working on our pond and are in the middle of prepping to place concrete around it. This is what it looked like this afternoon.

Martin was in the middle of replacing an upper ball joint (thanks to Saskatchewan's horrible roads!) when it began to rain, so the garage got very wet and so did the quad!


We have a dry creek bed to accommodate spring run off and heavy rainfall. It was flowing this afternoon!

By the time the rain stopped my attitude had changed. . .after all, what is better than listening to rushing water?!?!


My garden took a beating due to the strong wind and our root cellar flooded. Oh well, worse things could happen!


I'll tell you what is even better than listening to rushing water. . . watching our kids splash in the puddles!!!!


The turnaround on our yard was full of water, so the kids wadded and I enjoyed watching them and admired God's painting in the sky!











1 comment:

Paige said...

That water is crazy! My parents in Medicine Hat have been dealing with all this as well and my uncle lost his house. Hopefully, the rest of the summer will be nice and hot.