Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Once a Month Cooking

It may sound crazy, but I was hoping it would rain today (it snowed, but I didn't mind!), because I had thawed meat and cooked a turkey so that I could tackle a job that I had not done in many years. . . Once a Month Cooking. I made everything from Chili,Lasagna and Meatloaf to Turkey Broccoli Casserole. My freezer is now stuffed with Costco type meals that will be much tastier and more nutritious. Most meals simply need to be thawed and heated, and then served with a salad. I made 10 different dishes for a total of 37 meals, many of which will easily provide leftovers for the boy's lunch or even another supper. My day started very well, but by the end of the day I was exhausted! I began cooking around 9 am and had everything cleaned up, including my filthy stove, by 5:30pm. I will definitely do this again, perhaps just on a smaller scale! I couldn't resist taking a few pictures to remind me NEVER to tackle so much in one day again, and also to simply admire my work! We all know how quickly all that food disappears!

To top it off, Morgun came home from school, inspired to do some baking. I resisted at first, but then decided to help Morgun bake a big batch of Monster Cookies. He definitely knows how to bake . . . he did most of it on his own! And the cookies were DELICIOUS!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I don't even know what to say... except WOW! I bet you'll be glad you did it when you don't have to cook for the next month!!!