Monday, May 31, 2010

"I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men(women) will see visions. . . Acts 2:17

Back in 2005 I had been praying for many years that God would show Martin and I what His will was in regards to adoption. Martin did not feel we should. I strongly felt we should. I specifically asked God to show us through a dream, His word, or a vision. In December of 2005 God showed me a vision and it is what eventually led us to adopt from China. I saw Martin holding a little girl with straight black hair, pulled back into 2 pigtails, with squinty eyes and a darker complexion. The picture below is pretty much what I saw!
I only realized today that I had the vision shortly before Malia was born on December 28, 2005. Perhaps that is why God waited so long in answering my prayer. . . it was all in His timing! Needless to say the realization hit me full force!

"My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long." Psalm 71:8

1 comment:

Paige said...

It is amazing how God works throughout this process and makes it very clear to us what we need to do... we just have to listen and obey! It is awesome to see confirmation like this...

And it is good to see your husband smiling!