Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ouch!!

We finally had a beautiful day and I took advantage of it! I am planning to run 10 km in the Bridge City Boogie coming up in June. I've never done something like this before and had set my goal at completing the 10 km in 1 hour 15 mins. The gal I'm running with ran 10 km last year and plans to finish in an hour or less this year. . . soooo I guess if I want to keep up I'll be hurting for awhile. I have been training for 2 weeks, starting with running 1 min, walking 1 min. This week I'm up to running 3 mins and walking 1 min. I know that sound rather simple, but it's not. This morning I ran/walked 5.5 km. . . it's the farthest I've ran so far. In fact, it's an entire km more than I have ever run. Now I'm paying the price! I hurt soooo bad! I didn't realize that even my arms would hurt from running! And every muscle from my waist down! To top it off, I couldn't resist doing some yard work. I did a little raking, pruned all the trees, and filled in the holes where big rocks were removed last fall. Needless to say I am feeling rather weak and tired! However, I do feel very proud of myself . . . it only took 33 mins to run the 5.5 km! If I can keep up the pace, I should be able to finish the 10 km in an hour!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is a big goal, but I am sure you can do it! Watch out, it can become addicting!