Friday, March 26, 2010

Meat. . . Yummy!!

This may seem like a weird post, but we are very excited to finally have some beef. We purchased a steer at a local fundraising auction this past July. The steer was suppose to be ready for butchering, but was not. We finally had it butchered and picked up the meat today. . . all 400lbs of it!! We desperately needed meat in July and have made do with the little we had left. One can only have so much chicken, turkey, fish, and ham before one REALLY begins to crave beef. I refuse to buy beef at our grocery stores simply because the quality is no where near that of a home-grown beef. This is what my freezer looks like. . . my mouth waters at the thought of all the yummy roasts, steak, etc that I can now cook! Yummy!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Ha Ha! I totally agree. I just got my "homegrown" beef this week too. I order from a farm near Red Deer, where all the meat is organic. It is so much better, none of that gross smell when cooking and has way more flavor. I don't get the whole cow. Just the cuts I like.