Saturday, March 27, 2010

Grandparents

We really treasure Martin's folks. His mom is 85 and his dad is 88. Our kids love them dearly and love to spend time with them! When we first mentioned adoption to them they did not approve. In fact when we first showed them the picture of Malia their response was negative. It hurt. . . but that's not what this story is about. It is not intented to degrade my in-laws in any way. Rather, I am sharing this story to show how gracious God is! When we arrived home from Beijing,Maum and Pap were there to welcome us ALL home and support us. They continue to be an incredible blessing as they have accepted and loved Malia. I never tire of watching them as they watch Malia play, a content smile on their faces! It is clearly evident that they adore Malia! Shortly after the earthquake in Haiti Maum made the comment "If I could, I would take one of those kids as my own". God really does work miracles! I am so thankful that Maum and Pap love the Lord. . . that is why the transformation was possible. This experience made me face my own prejudices. What a great example they are to me! Alex showing off his scrapbook. I finally complete the first year of Alex's life.
Morgun thrilled to be showing his scrapbook. I've only completed 4 pages in his book and he keeps pestering me to do more.




No comments: