Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Soccer

I had a blast this past weekend. My soccer team was invited to a mini "for fun" tournament at Millar Bible College near Swift Current. We've gone for the past 6 years and tend to dominate the tournament, but not this year. In the past 2 years we've lost a few players and are in a transition phase. None the less we played hard and enjoyed ourselves! I am proud to say that age has very little to do with being in shape and how well one plays. I don't feel sore or stiff, other than the ankle that I sprained a bit. The average age on our team is about 31/32. We were playing against teams where the average age was about 20/21. I am so very thankful that I have the opportunity to play soccer. It's a stress reliever and motivates me to stay in shape!


2 comments:

Paige said...

That is awesome that you play soccer. I am not athletic in anyway shape or form! It is always good to have something "your own" as a mom, to get away from it all time to time.

Marie said...

Yes, Kathy it is the Bible School tournament, and you really should move out here, that way we could play on the same team. We'd definitely kick some butt!!!