Monday, February 1, 2010

Havin' some fun!!

This past month has been extremely busy with many doctor appointments. Between the 5 of us we had 15+ appointments! Not my idea of fun, although we finally have a little more insight as to what the future holds for Malia. Malia had a bilateral cleft lip which means it effected both sides, which means her face is basically symmetrical which is good news. Even though she does still have a hole in the roof of her mouth (close to where her front teeth should be) any further surgery will only happen once she is 7 or 8 years old. At that time our plastic surgeon thought she would have grown/developed enough to proceed. There is a chance that she can have surgery to give her nose more definition. It is next to impossible for her to wear sunglasses. We will need to find a pair that fits snugly around her ears. This past week Malia had tubes put in her ears, so unless they come out, she should not be needing any surgery in the next few years.



The plastic surgeon was very thorough, gentle and such a blessing. Malia noticed a picture on his wall and kept pointing at it. When I finally paused to take a look I realized it was a picture titled "The Great Physician". It is a picture of a surgeon during surgery with Jesus at the head of the bed guiding the physicians hands. I started to explain what the picture meant, and who was in it, when our surgeon added "that's how we do what we do!" God is so good and continues to show that He is with us every step of the way! It thrills me to know that He worked things out so that we have a godly physician!



With all the busyness I realized I really needed to have some fun! I pulled out my card making supplies and had a blast! Here are some of the cards I made. As always I made 4 of each, some to give away as cards and some to give as a bundle of blank cards. My craft room is slowly getting to the point where I can work in it properly. I am now saving so that by next winter I will have enough money to get all the shelving, desk, tables,etc that I want. I'm hoping that will allow for more organization and maybe, just maybe it will look like the craft rooms I see in magazines!



1 comment:

Paige said...

Great cards! I love Stampin Up and need to sit down and make a stack as well to have on hand!

I am glad everyone is healthy and that Malia is all set for now. I hope she isn't in as much pain anymore when you have to clean out her nose... It is good to keep busy in winter... I find I am getting lazier and lazier and I need Spring to come soon.