Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Malia's "Happy, Happy to You!" Finally!!!!!!!

I haven't had time to post much lately, its been too busy. I plan to post things from Christmas in the next few days, but for now I must post Malia's birthday! It is much too important to wait until I've posted Christmas stuff!


Malia's birthday, or her "Happy, Happy to You", as she would say finally arrived yesterday! She had been begging for her birthday ever since Morgun had his. Almost every day she would mention that "my Happy, Happy to You loooong time!" The day began with much excitement! I decorated the cake and put up balloons. Malia played, licked icing and practically danced around the house! In spite of all the excitement she did have a long nap, much to my amazement. We picked out a butterfly cake and it turned out well!




Friends of ours, Wayne and Ruth, Jaidyn and Ty joined us in celebrating. We decided to keep the affair fairly low key so as not to overwhelm Malia. Malia had difficulty blowing out the candles, but managed with help from Papa, who held her closer, and Jayden, who helped her blow!

Yummy! Malia had first choice in picking what part of the cake she wanted and picked a cupcake.

Malia giggled and squeeled as she was opening her presents! This was a change from Christmas Day. This time around she had a better understanding of how things work. I also think she realized that she is just as important as the boys are. Its almost as though a weight was lifted as we celebrated. She kept saying "Oh my goodness!" and "Awesome!". She also keeps saying "I a lucky girl!" It really blessed our hearts to see her so excited! I thank God every day for this child! She has such a joyful spirit one can't help but smile!

More giggles!

We gave Malia a little Asian Corolle doll. She opened the gift and immediately kissed the box the doll was in. I didn't catch the kiss on camera, but did get it on video! Precious!

The chest with dress up clothes was a hit!! All the other kids were almost as excited as Malia!

The pretty little princess with her doll!

1 comment:

Paige said...

It is awesome to see the excitement on her face. Her birthday is so close to Christmas, that she could have been very overwhelmed, but there is just pure joy and happiness! She is precious! What fun for you to have a girl and buy girl things. The cake is beautiful too. You are very creative!