Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas. . .

Our household has been hopping with the kids making gifts for each other, shopping, decorating and baking. I've done about 98% of my shopping, and have wrapped everything I have bought so far. We decorated a gingerbread house again this year with great difficulty. Yes, it came as a kit, but somehow I still managed to get a somewhat odd looking little house. The kids did the decorating and thought it looked very good! I love the effort and concentration that goes into the decorating!








Christmas is my favorite time of year, and over the years I have collected a variety of decorations. Perhaps one of the reasons I like the season so much is because it helps hide, at least a bit, the ongoing construction in our home. It just make the house look that much nicer!
In the first years of our marriage money was tight, so we were creative and decorated our tree with popcorn,homemade gingerbread men and bows. I still love this tree and put it up in my basement every year!




This tree sits in our living room and is a more traditional tree. I love the shiny gold!




This must be my favorite tree! It has a snowman theme, and I've enjoyed collecting items for it over the past few years. I love, love snowmen and my kitchen, which happens to be blue and yellow, is the perfect spot for this tree!





I hope you're all having as much fun as we are getting ready for Christmas! I thank God for sending His Son, Jesus so many years ago! I love celebrating His Birthday! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Okay, you are even crazier than me! I put up two trees as well, one traditional (it is all mine) and one family one with all the kids stuff. I love them both! I love walking to different rooms and different levels and seeing a tree there.

I think it is awesome that you want to adopt again!

Marie said...

I think the craziest thing is even thinking about adopting again! Sometimes I think I'm busy enough, and then I also realize we do have it in us to do it all again! The other thing that is crazy, is my kids each have a little tree in their room, with the decorations they have made/collected over the years. Oh, but its sooooo much fun!!

Paige said...

The raggedy doll makers name is Francine 780-963-9682. You could call her and see if she will ship one to you. Also, Indigo and Mastermind toys have the corelle dolls which are really cute. Also, Magnolia and friends online....