Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Homemade Ornaments, etc

I meant to share this photo a few weeks ago, just before the river froze. It was very beautiful to look out the window first thing in the morning and see the mist rising from the river. We joke that the gravel pile in the distance is a mountain, making the scene that much more enjoyable! :) Somehow this scene reminds me of God's peace and goodness. It fills my heart with all things good!



We have a tradition in our family of making an ornament every Christmas! This year we made a snowflake, which turned out to look more like a flower. As the boys get older I'm amazed that they are still interested in these crafty creations. And yet once again, they did a fantastic job and loved it, although I did end up finishing Morgun and Malia's. I was amazed that Malia could easily get the beads on the thin wire. As you can see she was very proud of herself!





Malia continues to learn new words and use them appropriately. The other day she told Morgun he was "stupid". We explained that it was inappropriate and she appologized. A few minutes later, I asked her to wash her hands which she did not want to do. She grumbled as she went to wash her hands and said "Mama stupid!" Needless to say the consequences were greater this time. I know its about exploring language and boundaries, and yet it is a little annoying and a little funny at the same time! This girl definitely has personality!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Beautiful ornament! It is a challenge knowing how to discipline sometimes... especially if you don't know if they truly understand! I love the snowy picture. How can we not love this country we live in, even if it is cold and snowy.... it is beautiful.