Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Copy Cat

My brother, Andrew came home from Rwanda last week, after being gone for 5 weeks. Malia has always liked Andrew, but has kept her distance. She would smile at him from across the room, but refused to go to him. The other night Andrew came over for supper and before I had time to say "hi", she was dragging Andrew around by the hand showing him her Christmas tree and anything else she could think of. All evening she kept going back to him and even began talking like him. Andrew described his trip as "amazing". Starting that evening, Malia has started describing everything as "amazing!"





Malia loves to do what the boys do. When she naps she thinks they should also be napping. If they wear slippers, she wears slippers. If they wear their bathrobe, so does she. The only bathrobe she has is a hand me down from Morgun. Its so cute on her, I'm thinking I won't bother buying her a different one!




A few weeks ago, Malia and I were having lunch. We were sitting side by side having a tender moment, touching heads and kissing. She looked at me with her big beautiful brown eyes, filled with love and a soft smile on her face and said "Shut up!" I couldn't help but laugh! She must have heard the boys say it to each other and misunderstood what it meant!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Too cute! At least when you know that it is not what she means! Have a great Christmas! I can hardly wait to hear how she enjoyed her first Christmas with her family!